Standalone CF control with any PPM compatible RC transmitter

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
zak
Beginner

Re: Standalone CF control with any PPM compatible RC transmi

Post by zak »

This looks great! I'm looking forward to trying this out, though I'll have to order the nRF24L01+ modules. Just out of interest (and please excuse my ignorance) - how easy/hard would it be to port this code to the Crazyradio?
ali
Beginner

Post by ali »

zak wrote:how easy/hard would it be to port this code to the Crazyradio?
Frankly, I have no idea, as I haven't really looked at neither, chip nor code. It shouldn't be too hard, though, after all the CR is able to run the nRF communication and a PPM decoder at the same time (although I've never managed to make that work). So it should be just a matter of feeding the output of the PPM decoder to the nRF control loop. Maybe you'd have to do a bit of initializing, too. The hardware shouldn't be too much of a headache either, all you'd need is a way to provide clean 5 volts to the circuit. So just use a plain old 7805 (although I'd reccomend a more efficient one) and some electrolytic from your junk box, and Bob's your uncle.

Cheers,

Ali
ivandevel
Beginner

Post by ivandevel »

Hi, Ali! The hover mode is working now on my STM32 DIY remote! Thanks!
chemist
Beginner

Post by chemist »

I am impressed <-<- for you Ali!

I pre-ordered the 2nd gen hardware, flie and radio and thought there is a TX module out there or the crazyradio hardware is easily hooked up to something like the taranis or one of the other open programmable radios.
I have a Hubsan x4 too so for your question about anybody being interested in a TX combo-module -> yes!
derf
Expert

Re: Standalone CF control with any PPM compatible RC transmitter

Post by derf »

Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

@ali: I'm definitely interested in a CF TX modul (JR compatible) that would work with my Taranis X9D Plus!
Are you still working on this?