radio calibration

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
gmcintire
Beginner

radio calibration

Post by gmcintire »

Just got my CF. Loving it!

But, I am using my Turnigy 9X as the joystick. This uses Smartpropoplus and PPjoy to turn a PPM or PCM signal into a Windows joystic controllerk.

It works great in PCM mode, but I want to use the radio receiver so I can unhook from the PC. The receiver only supports PPM. When I feed PPM in(either thru the trainer output of the transmitter or the Combined PPM output of the receiver) I cannot get a proper calibration.

The problem is, after calibration, when I move a stick(say roll) it ranges from -14 to +30 and centers at about 10. It seems the calibrator cannot adjust for natural range of the PPM signals.

I don't think the calibrator understands that the signal may be skewed. Is that correct? Is there any way to tell it the min, max and center of each channel?
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: radio calibration

Post by marcus »

The joystick calibration is fairly simple and relies on the underlying libraries to do the work. When selecting an axis it assumes that all the axis goes between 1 and -1, which should be the case when it comes out of PyGame. Does the joystick work well in other applications or the windows joystick test?