Bitcraze virtual machine V0.2

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
panguitou
Beginner

Re: Bitcraze virtual machine V0.2

Post by panguitou »

mrb0y wrote:I just attempted to import the .ova into Vmware Player 4.0 and it does not work. I installed in Virtual Box and it does work as expected. Looks like the virtual appliance import doesn't for work on vmware player 4.0. Just a heads up for any one else who tries.
Are you speaking of VirtualBox v4.0 ?
In fact the 'import' function will accept only .ovf files, but if you click on the UbuntuBitcraze_0.2.ova file with the right button, you can choose 'Open with VirtualBox'
and it should works at least it did for me..
Jean-Marie
buckyball
Beginner

Post by buckyball »

SuperDave42 wrote:I'm at work Torrenting the VM V0.2 directly to my Galaxy Nexus ( going to try to run the VM on the phone itself )
It would be great if you could tell me how you're doin that. Got Ubuntu/Tablet on your Phone? Is Virtualbox available for arm ?

thx,

B.
phiamo

Post by phiamo »

Hi arnaud,
thanks a lot for this sweet piece .... made is as quick as possible to get into it ...
arnaud wrote:Hi all,
---
Todo for the next vesion:
- Hardware dev tools
- Tool and configuration to debug the Crazyflie (currently only tools to compile are present)
maybe you could add a jtag howto and tools next into it for everything else it works for me atm ;)

cheers phil
SuperDave42
Beginner

Post by SuperDave42 »

buckyball wrote:
SuperDave42 wrote:I'm at work Torrenting the VM V0.2 directly to my Galaxy Nexus ( going to try to run the VM on the phone itself )
It would be great if you could tell me how you're doin that. Got Ubuntu/Tablet on your Phone? Is Virtualbox available for arm ?

thx,

B.
Well I did not know what I was doing while I was doing it lol. Did not realize virtual box would not run on the arm.

I have gotten Ubuntu 12 working on the phone (really slow on the galaxy nexus at1.5ghz) X desktop works and it runs apps within it fine.

Next is to install it on my nexus-10 and then install all the required items for the CF. This way I can fly using my Android stuff as the base station with full client and code editing ability. Using 6axis app to connect a PS3 via BT and a OTG USB adapter to the CrazyRadio.
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.
mrb0y
Beginner

Post by mrb0y »

panguitou wrote:
mrb0y wrote:I just attempted to import the .ova into Vmware Player 4.0 and it does not work. I installed in Virtual Box and it does work as expected. Looks like the virtual appliance import doesn't for work on vmware player 4.0. Just a heads up for any one else who tries.
Are you speaking of VirtualBox v4.0 ?
In fact the 'import' function will accept only .ovf files, but if you click on the UbuntuBitcraze_0.2.ova file with the right button, you can choose 'Open with VirtualBox'
and it should works at least it did for me..
The virtual machine image is working on both vmware player and virtual box for me. I did fall prey to the throttle @%74 when I first connected through the virtual machine client and it sent my CF bouncing off the wall! When you import into the VmWare player you have to agree to import an image that doesn't pass some quality check.