Optical flow and extra input

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
marco.tognon

Optical flow and extra input

Post by marco.tognon »

Hallo!

I would make my crayflie completely autonomous. I was thinking to use a Mous Optical Flow as sensor but I don't have any idea how to link up it directly at the crazyflie, the micro USB could be a good idea???

Moreover do you think that the computational capacity of the CPU on the crazy flie could be enough for this porpuse? :?: :?:

Marco
SuperRoach

Re: Optical flow and extra input

Post by SuperRoach »

Hi Marco! I think someone is attempting to do this currently! may have to search on the forums to track it down and let me know if you can't find it.

The main problem with making the crazyflie fully autonomous is that it needs a gps to keep track of an absolute position, to corect things like drift. Having said that Marcus posted on the front page a test using the kinect and a ping poing ball to estimate machine vision which looked awesome.

With the mouse sensor I think you have to fully take it apart to help minimize the added weight it brings
marco.tognon

Post by marco.tognon »

Searching on the forum i can't find any thing about optical flow on board!!

My goal is to make the crazy flie autonomous with a kind of optical flow system! I would know if the crazy flie has some input pin wich i can use for a optical flow sensor like this one https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/px4/modules/px4flow. But I'm totaly agree with you about the problem of the weight!!

Indeed I was looking for somethink of lighter but is realy difficult.

Marco
marco.tognon

Post by marco.tognon »

marco.tognon wrote:Searching on the forum i can't find any thing about optical flow on board!!

My goal is to make the crazy flie autonomous with a kind of optical flow system! I would know if the crazy flie has some input pin wich i can use for a optical flow sensor like this one https://pixhawk.ethz.ch/px4/modules/px4flow. But I'm totaly agree with you about the problem of the weight!!

Indeed I was looking for somethink of lighter but is realy difficult.

Marco
Sorry I have just found the similar post!! :D