omatoasty
Beginner

programming the crazyflie

Post by omatoasty »

Hello Community,

I have some questions:

I want to programm the Crazyflie.

I have downloaded the Virtual Machine,
but i´m not an expert in programming things, like the crazyflie.

Can someone tell me, which programmlanguages i need to programm the crazyflie?

I want control the crayflie without any inputdevices, mainly i want that the crazyflie flys up and stays in the air. A programm which stabilise the fly.

I know it isnt realistic because i´m a noob, but maybe someone can tell me which languages i need and how they work together.

friendly wishes

omatoasty
garethdicker
Beginner

Re: programming the crazyflie

Post by garethdicker »

The programming is generally all done in python. But like you, I'm relatively new to working with libraries.

What I'd love to see is a short Youtube Tutorial of someone showing how the crazyflie library should show up in the project explorer of Eclipse, in what folder and what type of file the main program should be, and a quick explanation of a hover code or something of the like, and references on how best to proceed from there.

Since mostly developers already consider these bits of knowledge implicit, I don't think much attention has yet been paid to making programming more accessible for innocent enthusiasts such as ourselves.
omatoasty
Beginner

Post by omatoasty »

Yes,

Something like a Youtube Video would be very nice.
I downloaded the Virtual Machine and i looked in some Folders etc. but i could Not find a Main Skript ...
-.-

Maybe someone how know all the crazyflie-basics and how everything work together, can make a Video..
I think there are many People who would watch Tutorials like that.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

You have a very good point and we actually started making a kind of tutorial video a while a go which never got finished. Always stuff in the way. Now I think what we shot is a bit outdated so we have to start over but making a tutorial video is on our ToDo list. If anyone else have the time and will please go ahead because we never now when we have the time to make it our selves.