PC GUI Application

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
roamingbot
Beginner

PC GUI Application

Post by roamingbot »

I tried to get the software installed on a Mac, but did not succeed. Am now awaiting the OSX documentation.
Then I started installing the software on a Win7 PC. It seems some important steps in the installation process were omitted.
To experienced Python users these steps may be obvious but I needed several retries but finally managed to get the program to start.The steps of running configure.py and some other were not directly obvious.
In the CrazyRadio.py driver module I got an error in the following code:
# Auto Retransmit Delay:
# ‘0000’ – Wait 250μS
# ‘0001’ – Wait 500μS
# ‘0010’ – Wait 750μS
# ........
# ‘1111’ – Wait 4000μS
When loading this in Python the special characters in this text have become garbled somehow and generate an error.
This only occurs when looking at the code from the Python editor. Using any other editor shows the correct information.
I manually changed it back to what the original files show and do not understand why this code is different in the Python editor.
My next problem is now getting my PS3 Wired controller to work. Currently the system does not see the controller.
I am using a cheap compatible controller. Should I get an original Sony controller or could the problem lie elsewhere ?

Peter van Lith
mikevoyt
Beginner

Re: PC GUI Application

Post by mikevoyt »

Regarding the error - that was due to my first pull request using UTF-8 encoding in the comments, but not specifying the encoding type for the file.

I fixed it, and submitted a pull request:

https://bitbucket.org/bitcraze/crazyfli ... e-you/diff

Once the Crazyflie guys accept the pull, you should be able to resync and be good to go...

-mike
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: PC GUI Application

Post by marcus »

The UTF-8 encoding problem should be solved now thanks to Mike's last pull-request (Thanks Mike!) so update to the latest version.

Any joystick with 4 analogue axis should work so you don't need an "official" PS3 controller. Are you still on Windows 7 trying to get the joystick to work? If so, is the joystick detected correctly by Windows?

Regarding the install instructions for Windows 7 it would be great if you could give us some feedback on the steps that we are missing in our install description: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... ls:install

/Marcus