I am trying to flash my Crazyflie 2.1 but it will always "break" i.e only M2 will have staric blue light

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
JamesClark
Beginner

I am trying to flash my Crazyflie 2.1 but it will always "break" i.e only M2 will have staric blue light

Post by JamesClark »

When i say flash I mean: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/r ... ing/build/

When i run "make cload" (after make) i get:

Code: Select all

python3 -m cfloader  flash  tag.bin stm32-fw
Restart the Crazyflie you want to bootload in the next
 10 seconds ...
Flashing 1 of 1 to stm32 (fw): 234267 bytes (229 pages) ..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10..........10.........9
Each time i do this the crazyflie just makes a single static light at M2

I have followed this guide: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/r ... ing/build/
I have downloaded all the dependencies (arm and python ) and I can make the files. I also have crazyflies-clients python downloaded and installed in the correct place Crazyflie/crazyflies-clients python . Did i download the wrong firm ware? I got it from here https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware

If i do the ubunto command "ls" on my crazyfile folder this is what i have:

app_api                   docs         module.json           tag.bin  test
bin                       examples     Rakefile              tag.dfu  tools
CONTRIBUTING.md           generated    README.md             tag.elf  vendor
crazyflie-clients-python  LICENSE.txt  RELEASE_CHECKLIST.md  tag.hex  version.c
current_platform.mk       Makefile     src                   tag.map
The website from the beginning says i have to "The current working directory is the root of the crazyflie-firmware project" is this not where I ran my "ls" command too? So i did it in the correct place.
kimberly
Bitcraze

Re: I am trying to flash my Crazyflie 2.1 but it will always "break" i.e only M2 will have staric blue light

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

I see in your terminal the following:

python3 -m cfloader  flash  tag.bin stm32-fw 
this indicates that the bin file you made, is not for the crazyflie but for the roadrunner. For the crazyflie is supposed to be called cf2.bin.

Could you do a 'make clean' and a 'make' again ? Make sure that you didn't change anything in the Makefile or have a config,mk that has PLATFORM=tag. Then it should generate a cf2.bin instead of tag.bin.

If you want to be absolutely sure, you can also do a 'make PLATFORM=cf2' and then do a 'make cload'
JamesClark
Beginner

Re: I am trying to flash my Crazyflie 2.1 but it will always "break" i.e only M2 will have staric blue light

Post by JamesClark »

I reset the PC and it worked i must have done something wrong.

Thanks I will keep eye on this the next time.