I want to add a camera

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
omwdunkley
Expert

Re: I want to add a camera

Post by omwdunkley »

Awesome!
So it flies with a live video signal?
Be nice to see how long it can hover, what factors degrade video quality, etc!
SuperRoach

Post by SuperRoach »

So far notes:
This takes a heck of a lot of time to setup. Screwing in 2x antenna, plugging in various ports, putting ground and power to the receiver, starting up pc, plugging in capture card and RCA, capture software... Can test on projector to verify Signal, then capture. It's a lot, and that's without starting up the software to fly it! :P
I may be interested in giving the android software a go, if that has progressed enough to work.

I thought I should make a proper thread for my adventure, so I made a thread here: http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=427&p=2785
Tanay
Beginner

Post by Tanay »

Hello SuperRoach,

I recently purchased a Crazyflie and the components you have for the camera. Your idea is amazing. However, is there any programming that will be involved to get the camera sending signals to the receiver. If there is, I would really appreciate it if you could explain it to me.
Tanay
Beginner

Post by Tanay »

Hi SuperRoach,
I wanted to know how you setup the receiver along with the usb dongle. In other words, which ports were soldered together in the receiver.
thanks
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

If you are using a 5v step-up you should be connecting it to VCOM and DGND. See pin-out here.
qubitter
Beginner

Post by qubitter »

Huge question:

1. Is there a difference in putting a camera on the Crazyflie 2 instead of the original?

If so, what is it?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a newbie.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

It shouldn't be much of a difference and a bit easier on the Crazyflie 2.0 as it can carry more weight and has an easier expansion interface.

Are you thinking about adding a FPV or recording camera?
Greensprings

Post by Greensprings »

can bitcraze make an attachment, like the LED ring we can add?

also i am thinking we need a crazyflie that is a little bit bigger, like the crazypapa
matthew
Beginner

Post by matthew »

I just ordered http://www.fpvhobby.com/143-sub-nano-combo-set.html and http://www.fpvhobby.com/32-4-ghz-receiver-module.html to try out on my CF2. A 1g camera and transmitter combo seems to be too good to be true, but I'm excited to try it out. I'll post an update when I receive it.
qubitter
Beginner

Post by qubitter »

I was thinking of adding an FPV. Can you please post which camera to use and how to use it?