Filtering on Gyroscope

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Max_Kemmeren

Filtering on Gyroscope

Post by Max_Kemmeren »

Dear all,

I have a question. I am working with the INDI controller, which is not working properly yet and I am looking into that. As I will try to adapt the INDI loop such that flight in ground and ceiling effect is possible.

An important factor within the INDI is filtering, which introduces delay into the signals. Within the INDI all signals are filtered with the same filter such that everything that is used in the controller is from the same point in time.

The INDI instability might be caused by filtering on the gyroscope. As we read out values from the gyroscope from the sensor pointer (e.g. sensor->gyro.x) we get a prefiltered value. This filter is not taken into account within the INDI which may cause problems as this delay is not accounted for.

My question is where to find the filtering on the gyroscope? Is there some documentation for this?

I hope someone can answer this.

Greetings
Max
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Filtering on Gyroscope

Post by tobias »

There are two level of filters. One in the gyro, BMI088, itself and one 2-pole lpf running in the sensor loop.

For the BMI088 filtering I think the datasheet is the best place to find delay parameters.
KattiMini
Beginner

Re: Filtering on Gyroscope

Post by KattiMini »

Hi...whenever you read the port of the gyro straightforwardly, what you get is an unfiltered whole number that addresses the prompt rate at which the gyro is turning, with the indication of the worth demonstrating the turn course. I don't recollect the size of the worth, however it's quite clear for the datasheet for thegyro gadget. You'd possibly perused it that way on the off chance that you needed to do your own sifting.

You need to peruse that rate over the long haul, noticing how long it has been since you last read the turn information, and utilize the time and rate to ascertain a turn esteem. It's exceptionally direct, when you get it.

pcb assembly online quote