Beginner

Angular Velocity When Using Absolute Yaw

Post by roeiz »

Hi all,
I am setting Setpoints while using absolute yaw angles

Code: Select all

setpoint->mode.yaw = modeAbs;
setpoint->attitude.yaw = calculatedYaw;
In such case, does anyone knows at what angular velocity will my crazyflie rotate?
i.e. at what speed will the crazyflie rotate when setting

Code: Select all

calculatedYaw = currentYaw + X
I trying searching the firmware code, but couldn't really find the answer for that.

Thanks in advance!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Angular Velocity When Using Absolute Yaw

Post by arnaud »

I think the answer is "as fast as possible". I also looked in the code and the only capping I can find are interger capping in INT16: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-f ... ler.c#L112. So, if you ask for a new yaw angle far away, the PID controller will run to it as fast as possible within the control limit of the motors. The actual speed will depend of the PID tuning parameter.
roeiz
Beginner

Post by roeiz »

Thanks Arnaud for your response.
Do we know what is the maximum possible angular velocity which is within the control limit of the motors?
Or some kind of estimation of what is an average angular velocity?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

I do not think anyone has ever measured this, sorry. It could be measured experimentally by logging the gyro measurement and making the Crazyflie yaw by steps a couple of time.

There has been some paper published on making system identification on the Crazyflie. We list papers on our webpage: https://www.bitcraze.io/portals/research/. Some of these paper may already have made this measurement.