BLE connection with Android app and one of several crazyflie

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
JaeDeok
Beginner

BLE connection with Android app and one of several crazyflie

Post by JaeDeok »

I am now using crazyflie using android application app.

The problem I ran into was that when more than one crazyflies powered on at the same time, I couldn't connect the crazyflie I wanted.

While modifying the open source code, I found the part to be scanned, I would like to add the ability to show a list of devices after the scan and select the crazyflie I want. Can you help me
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: BLE connection with Android app and one of several crazyflie

Post by arnaud »

Adding a device list would be great. I did make the original version of this android app but I am not very good at making GUIs so I never actually made a drone selection screen. If this is something you are interested in implementing and if you make a pull request with it, we will make sure to merge it and publish a new version of the android client quickly :-).

What kind of help are you after? Any particular questions you have in mind?

As a side note, last time I had a similar problem (to setup a demo), my (GUI-less) solution was to set an RSSI limit to connect a Crazyflie. Setting the limit to ~-40dBm for example will make the client connect to a Crazyflie only when it is very close to the phone (about 10cm in my quick test with nRF connect). This is not a proper solution but it would be a much easier setting to add GUI-wise and a very easy hack.