Flow Deck xy Measurements Diverging

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
bma
Beginner

Flow Deck xy Measurements Diverging

Post by bma »

Hi all,

I've encountered an issue where the x and y state estimates from the optical flow deck are diverging. Actually, this is just one of a few strange behaviors that is happening with the flow deck.

The first error I get involves the red led blinking fast 5 times (crayzflie fails to initialize). I get the following output from the cfclient console:

Screenshot from 2020-09-05 14-59-47.png

With the second error, the crazyflie initializes, but only the z ranger sensor is working (sometimes it doesn't work either). The following is the console output.

Screenshot from 2020-09-05 14-59-11.png

The x and y measurements from the optical flow sensors are diverging, as shown in the picture.

Screenshot from 2020-09-05 14-58-37.png

The last case is where everything seems to be working fine, but the y measurement starts jumping around randomly (it goes to zero sometimes when I wave my hand over it, but start diverging immediately again).

Finally, sometimes the crayzflie just boots with the 2 solid blue leds.

Any idea what could be going on? I'm not sure if its the crazyflie or the optical flow sensor that could be the issue. The pins all seem to be in correctly. Thanks!
kristoffer
Bitcraze

Re: Flow Deck xy Measurements Diverging

Post by kristoffer »

Hi!

As the deck is not initializing properly, it sounds as it might be broken. Please send us an email on contact@bitcraze.io for further handling.

- Kristoffer
bma
Beginner

Re: Flow Deck xy Measurements Diverging

Post by bma »

I will do that. Thank you!