Add-ons!

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Indieflow
Beginner

Add-ons!

Post by Indieflow »

I can't wait for the Crazyflie schematics to be released to start 3D modelling add-ons that can then be manufactured!

Has anyone got any ideas?

I'm already thinking of putting my 3D printers to work to make a set of light training rings and battery housing all in one, should be a nice challenge to make minimalist and yet still functional.
Hogosha
Beginner

Re: Add-ons!

Post by Hogosha »

Another simple thing i'm thinking of is a Landing frame.
I think a leightweight Landing frame will be better, than Landing on the circuit board itsself everytime

Unfortunately i dont have access to a 3d printer :-\
Indieflow
Beginner

Post by Indieflow »

Hogosha wrote:Another simple thing i'm thinking of is a Landing frame.
I think a leightweight Landing frame will be better, than Landing on the circuit board itsself everytime

Unfortunately i dont have access to a 3d printer :-\
I'm sure someone local to you would be more than willing to print and send you what you want for a small fee to cover material and time! I know I would!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Great suggestions. We will, as soon as we get time, do a simple model of the Crazyflie board and upload to the repository. KiCad is a bit time consuming doing stuff like this though...
Indieflow
Beginner

Post by Indieflow »

tobias wrote:Great suggestions. We will, as soon as we get time, do a simple model of the Crazyflie board and upload to the repository. KiCad is a bit time consuming doing stuff like this though...
If you can throw me some rough sketches with sizes I can throw together a crazyflie model for you! Why not let the community help :D
SuperDave42
Beginner

Post by SuperDave42 »

tobias wrote:Great suggestions. We will, as soon as we get time, do a simple model of the Crazyflie board and upload to the repository. KiCad is a bit time consuming doing stuff like this though...
I also do not mind 3D modeling the Crazyflie and exporting a few different formats. Once mine arrives I will do that first. I'll post the files.
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

I managed to export a DXF of the Crazyflie control board outline. I hope it is usefull. There are 1mm plated holes (finished: ~0.95mm) located 34mm apart in a centred square. The PCB is 1.6mm thick. There are some LEDs placed ~1mm from the hole edge towards the centre.
Might be hard to get from my descriptions but look at some of the pictures from the website and I think you will get it.
Attachments
Crazyflie control baord -PCB_Edges.zip
Crazyflie control board outline
(25.58 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Indieflow
Beginner

Post by Indieflow »

tobias wrote:I managed to export a DXF of the Crazyflie control board outline. I hope it is usefull. There are 1mm plated holes (finished: ~0.95mm) located 34mm apart in a centred square. The PCB is 1.6mm thick. There are some LEDs placed ~1mm from the hole edge towards the centre.
Might be hard to get from my descriptions but look at some of the pictures from the website and I think you will get it.
For some reason your DXF shows the PCB as being 31496 inches across! I think you may have exported your DXF wrong!
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

That is as good as it gets with KiCAD for the moment. Could it be resized? The size from one tip to the other should be exactly 80mm.
Indieflow
Beginner

Post by Indieflow »

Finally got it sorted!

Created a rough 3d image, should be good enough to design attachments from and I will update when I have one to directly model from!

Where would be best for me to post the models? Would you like them for your wiki (to keep all the files associated together) or would you be say happy for me to post on Thingiverse?

Also do you have the stl file for the motor mounts? As I could also incorporate them into the model!
Rendered Image
Rendered Image
Crazyflie.JPG (190.8 KiB) Viewed 9164 times