Crazyflie Tracking

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Mustatio
Beginner

Crazyflie Tracking

Post by Mustatio »

I have been running through ways to track and control the crazyflie's motions in a defined 3D space.

I was thinking of using a barometer, infrared sensors like from the wii, or even a series of cameras. I was looking at the OpenCV (http://www.bitcraze.se/2013/01/crazyfli ... king-test/) tracking using the play station eye and was wondering how to get that to work.

Are there any already completed purchasable ways to track the helicopter?
omwdunkley
Expert

Re: Crazyflie Tracking

Post by omwdunkley »

Hey,
What are you goals/what would you like to achieve? Say you got the "tracking" working, what would you use it for?
Cheers
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,

No, there's nothing to purchase that I know of. Like omwdunkley said, it depends a bit on what you would like to achieve with this. There might also be some work being done on using the Kinect. The code that was used with OpenCV hasn't been published but it's not working with the new API anyway (and also it wasn't really working even before the API changes).

/Marcus
jkunrest
Beginner

Post by jkunrest »

Im looking for the same thing, my goal would be to basiclly be able to map out a room and objects in the room and tell the crazyflie not to get close to these perameters, is there not any way of tracking cordinance?,