[SOLVED] GUI doesn't display absolutely on ubuntu

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
chenlk000
Beginner

[SOLVED] GUI doesn't display absolutely on ubuntu

Post by chenlk000 »

Environment: Ubuntu 16.04
When I first install bitcraze GUI from github(https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-clients-python) after install the dependency, I figure out that some functions and buttons couldn't be used and weren't shown on the GUI.
It's strange because others GUI is different from me. Maybe some configuration is necessary? Hope for someone can help me. :roll:
Thank you!
Attachments
normal GUI
normal GUI
My abnormal GUI
My abnormal GUI
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: GUI doesn't display absolutely on ubuntu

Post by arnaud »

You GUI looks correct to me, what function are you missing?

If you are talking about the missing tabs, you can enable them with the menu "view->tabs".
chenlk000
Beginner

Post by chenlk000 »

arnaud wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:58 am You GUI looks correct to me, what function are you missing?

If you are talking about the missing tabs, you can enable them with the menu "view->tabs".
Thank you your reply. But my GUI is the bottom one, not the top one, there isn't any bottom named "view". It's confusing. Willing your further help, thank you, arnaud. :|
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Hi!

Your GUI indeed looks off, so it is odd that you can not see the top buttons. I'm using 16.04 myself too, and I do see the buttons that Arnaud is mentioning.

Could you let us know exactly how you installed your cfclient? Did you install it from source using the latest master of the github repo (Linux>Launching the GUI application) or through python pip (pip3 install cfclient)?
kimberly
Bitcraze

Post by kimberly »

Sorry! I actually checked it on a 18.04 computer. Now I checked it on a 16.04 and I see what you mean now.

So in 16.04, you will see the 'File, Connect, Input Device' all the way on the top of your screen if you have selected the window of the cfclient. It is just an interface design from 16.04, which handles all its windows this way.

Here is an picture on how it looks on my side.
cfclient1604.png
Are you able to find it now?
chenlk000
Beginner

Post by chenlk000 »

I get it! I have a cold these days and haven't log in the forums ,reply so late, so sorry!
I'm not so familiar with ubuntu 16.04 that cause this puzzle. Your help is so grateful that solve my problem. Very thanks! ;)