howto fix the RF bug

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
xfce
Beginner

howto fix the RF bug

Post by xfce »

Hi all,
I have make the crazyflie and crazyradio myself.
it seem's the crazyflie can work,as the red-led can blink 1Hz or 2Hz, also the PC can find the carzyradio.
but when I use the PC-client, I can't scan any crazyflie.
So I guess there maybe some bugs in the RF, and is there some advice to help me step by step to find the bug in the crazyradio's RF or crazyflie's RF
It's my crazyflie and crazyradio
It's my crazyflie and crazyradio
2013-07-05_172418.jpg (23.59 KiB) Viewed 10283 times
xfce
Beginner

Re: howto fix the RF bug

Post by xfce »

Hi all,
I have resoldering the nRF24L01+ on crazyflie,and now the crazyradio can scan the crazyflie,
when I select the radio:/xx/xx/xxx and click the connect button, the green led blinkly quickly and then lit up(seems system halt)
the client's consel output some logs about the sensors, the term-consel gave too many packets lost message.
could someone give any advice,Thanks
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Hi,

That's a nice design! It would be interesting to know a bit about the design, what program did you do it in? Is it a 4 layer board?

The green LED is supposed to blink when messages are being sent on the radio link and the red is supposed to be a heart beat (i.e blink when the system is working). So if they both stop it's definitely a crash. Did you change the firmware at all? I would recommend you to get a JTAG dongle to be able to do some debugging.
BillyBag2

Post by BillyBag2 »

xfce wrote:Hi all,
I have resoldering the nRF24L01+ on crazyflie,and now the crazyradio can scan the crazyflie,
when I select the radio:/xx/xx/xxx and click the connect button, the green led blinkly quickly and then lit up(seems system halt)
the client's consel output some logs about the sensors, the term-consel gave too many packets lost message.
I had issues running PC client in a linux hosted VM with a PS3 controller attached. Disconnecting controller and using mouse controls seamed to work ok. I installed the PC client on the host linux and this worked even with PS3 controller connected.
xfce
Beginner

Post by xfce »

marcus wrote:Hi,

That's a nice design! It would be interesting to know a bit about the design, what program did you do it in? Is it a 4 layer board?

The green LED is supposed to blink when messages are being sent on the radio link and the red is supposed to be a heart beat (i.e blink when the system is working). So if they both stop it's definitely a crash. Did you change the firmware at all? I would recommend you to get a JTAG dongle to be able to do some debugging.
yes, it is a 4 layer board, and is designed by Altium designer 10.
and i changed some thing, such as not use the battery charge circuit, and use a lock switch.
btw, before i connect the crazyflie,i did not configure the analog input device,does these have effect?
the crazyflie and crazyradio's image are build form the VM0.2 with no update.
xfce
Beginner

Post by xfce »

BillyBag2 wrote:
xfce wrote:Hi all,
I had issues running PC client in a linux hosted VM with a PS3 controller attached. Disconnecting controller and using mouse controls seamed to work ok. I installed the PC client on the host linux and this worked even with PS3 controller connected.
sorry, I can't understand your message, can you tell more details, thanks
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

xfce wrote:btw, before i connect the crazyflie,i did not configure the analog input device,does these have effect?
No, that should not effect the communication. You should update to the latest version of the VM (0.3) that has SDCC 3.2 for building the Crazyradio client.
xfce
Beginner

Post by xfce »

marcus wrote:
xfce wrote:btw, before i connect the crazyflie,i did not configure the analog input device,does these have effect?
No, that should not effect the communication. You should update to the latest version of the VM (0.3) that has SDCC 3.2 for building the Crazyradio client.
Good news,
I have finaly connect to the radio and now it can fly ,all I did was using the VM0.3, without any hardware changed.
but there is a problem, when I fly only use the thrust,the CF can takeoff,and always move to a fixed direction.
why this happen, maybe the motor differents,or some other reasons? Thanks.
crazyflie.jpg
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

No, the firmware will compensate for differences in the motors. It might be the accelerometer that is not mounted flat.
maddog
Beginner

Post by maddog »

xfce can you post the Altium PCB and schematics somewhere?
I like your design very much and also use Altium.