[SOLVED] Lighthouse deck crashing on 2019.09 firmware

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
hanz
Beginner

[SOLVED] Lighthouse deck crashing on 2019.09 firmware

Post by hanz »

Hey

Recently upgrade a couple of my drones to the 2019.09 fw release. No modification was made except commenting out the "disable lighthouse" definition.

Some of my drones (not all) have this weird issue where the lighthouse FPGA flashes as expected (blue, red, yellow) then goes completely dark and refuses to function.
On previous firmwares the lighthouse deck would at times freeze with the red led on, this was solvable via a restart though. This is not the case with my current issue.
The problem seems to be in the drone rather than the deck, multiple lighthouse decks tested on the "bad" drones with the same result.

Any clue what this could be?
Last edited by hanz on Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Lighthouse deck crashing on 2019.09 firmware

Post by arnaud »

This looks like a flashing issue: we are having problems with the bootloader that does not erase properly flash pages in the Crazyflie. Since the lighthouse FPGA firmware is about as big as the Crazyflie firmware, it is likely that when a bootloader problem happens the Lighthouse firmware is corrupted and then do not boot.

The solution is to try to bootload again the problematic drones with the same firmware. The issue seems to be with page erasing only so flashing two times the same firmware very often solves the problem.
hanz
Beginner

Re: Lighthouse deck crashing on 2019.09 firmware

Post by hanz »

That was it, thank you!