Crazyflie2-nrf-firmware Debugging Error

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
juju
Beginner

Crazyflie2-nrf-firmware Debugging Error

Post by juju »

hi, I have some problem to Crazyflie-nrf-firmware with the debugger in to VM, I don't know what to do next. I did follow up all step on how to configure debug instruction on the manual and when I configured it .
However, the blinking blue LEDs, like the manual have been identified, but an error occurs as the status message below.
I am currently using a ST link and attached a photo. Please check the correct connection.
Thanks!

openocd -d2 -f interface/stlink-v2.cfg -f target/stm32f4x_stlink.cfg -c init -c targets -c "reset halt" \
-c "flash write_image erase cf2loader.elf" -c "verify_image cf2loader.elf" -c "reset run" -c shutdown
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0 (2018-01-24-01:05)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
debug_level: 2
WARNING: target/stm32f4x_stlink.cfg is deprecated, please switch to target/stm32f4x.cfg
Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "hla_swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
adapter speed: 2000 kHz
adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
none separate
Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 980kHz
Info : Unable to match requested speed 1000 kHz, using 980 kHz
Info : clock speed 950 kHz
Info : STLINK v2 JTAG v29 API v2 SWIM v18 VID 0x0483 PID 0x3748
Info : using stlink api v2
Info : Target voltage: 3.242133
info : UNEXPECTED 1 of 1: 0x0bb11477
in procedure 'init'
in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'

make[1]: ***[mass_erase] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bitcrazy/projects/crazyflie2-nrf-firmware'
make: ***[factory_reset] Error 2

https://blog.naver.com/dkw02136/221705384815 (If you can't see the picture above, please go directly to the link. )
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie2-nrf-firmware Debugging Error

Post by arnaud »

There is a couple of odd things about this output but I think I have spotted one major problem: openocd is lauched to flash the STM32F4 bootloader and not the nRF51 firmware. You are likely using the wrong make target.

Otherwise the target voltage is too high (Crazyflie is running at 3.0V and the stLink measures 3.2V), but it does manage to read an ID which tends to show that the cabling is actually correct.

You can test if the connection is correct by going into the Crazyflie2-nrf-firmware folder in command line and typing "make flash". This will flash the firmware using the STLink.