libusb0-dll:err error with Crazyradio

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
jayanthyk192
Beginner

libusb0-dll:err error with Crazyradio

Post by jayanthyk192 »

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with using the Crazyradio.

I have a crazyflie 2.0. I need to transfer some data between the PC and the drone using the wireless Crazyradio link. I was able to run the transmit example from this link:
https://www.bitcraze.io/docs/crazyflie ... adio_lib/

But I'm unable to run the ptx.p and prx.py from the crazyflie-firmware:

https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyradio- ... r/examples
I get this error:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\jyelandu\Desktop\crazyradio-firmware-master\crazyradio-firmware-master\examples\prx.py", line 8, in <module>
    radio.set_mode(Crazyradio.MODE_PRX)
  File "../lib\crazyradio.py", line 221, in set_mode
    _send_vendor_setup(self.handle, SET_MODE, mode, 0, ())
  File "../lib\crazyradio.py", line 309, in _send_vendor_setup
    wIndex=index, timeout=1000, data_or_wLength=data)
  File "C:\Users\jyelandu\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\usb\core.py", line 702, in ctrl_transfer
    self.__get_timeout(timeout)
  File "C:\Users\jyelandu\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb0.py", line 526, in ctrl_transfer
    timeout
  File "C:\Users\jyelandu\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\usb\backend\libusb0.py", line 387, in _check
    raise USBError(errmsg, ret)
usb.core.USBError: [Errno None] b'libusb0-dll:err [control_msg] sending control message failed, win error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.\r\n\n'

I'm actually working with a PX4 stack and not the Crazyflie stack, but regardless of the state of the drone(On/Off). I get the above error. My requirement is is to use the crazyradio as a wireless COMPort. I also tried using the libusbK drivers, but got the same error. Please help me out.

The radio interface works well with the Crazyflie client though.
Here's some info.
Crazyflie 2.0
Crazyradio PA

Please help me out with the issue...Thank you!
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: libusb0-dll:err error with Crazyradio

Post by arnaud »

These scripts needs a firmware more recent than the one shipped in Crazyradio. To use these scripts, you need to compile and flash the firmware from the Crazyradio firmware repos: https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyradio- ... e-firmware
jayanthyk192
Beginner

Re: libusb0-dll:err error with Crazyradio

Post by jayanthyk192 »

Hi arnaud,

It partly worked! Thank you for the quick help.
On the Crazyflie, I was continuously sending data to the wireless by opening the serial port(I'm running PX4). But I wasn't able to receive anything using the prx.py. This was printing 'None'. THen I ran the ptx.py. During this I was able to get the data from the drone! Why is this happening? Also whatever data I sent during the ptx.py was not received on the drone. I set the baud to 1000000. Please help...

Thanks,
Jayanth