Crazyflie application from phone

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
RyanMco
Expert

Crazyflie application from phone

Post by RyanMco »

Hi ! I just downloaded the application of crazyflie 2.0 and my drone is controlled by this application .. it's like joystick!
anyone can help me please to find the code inmy fimrware code 2019 that's incharged of getting data from my application to my crazyflie? I mean getting data from remote application (the application that I downloaded it) to my crazyflie?! thanks alot ..

for example in my joystick if I press the upward button then my crazyflie is thrusting itself forward .. I want to know the code in my firmware code that's incharged of getting data from the button in my crazyflie application to the crazyflie itself .. anyhelp please?
RyanMco
Expert

Re: Crazyflie application from phone

Post by RyanMco »

Maybe the code found on the python client and not on firmware?! but it's not reasonable !
I mean once I press on right button on my phone's application of crazyflie then the crazyflie will do something, that sent data will go to the crazyflie .. where;s the code in my firmware that's in-charged of that thing?! thanks alot
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
Both the PC client and the mobile client communicate with the Crazyflie using the CRTP protocol (https://www.bitcraze.io/docs/crazyflie- ... trp_index/).

To control the Crazyflie they both send commander packet that is interpreted by the commander in the Crazyflie STM32 firmware.

The Crazyflie nRF51 firmware implements communication for both Crazyradio PA and for Bluetooth low energy. The nRF51 acts as a bridge in such a way that the STM32 does not have to care about what radio protocol was used: it receives CRTP packets from the nRF51.
jonasdn
Expert

Post by jonasdn »

Hi you can check out an overview here: https://www.bitcraze.io/documentation/s ... d-library/