I'm using crazyflie2.1 in a lab project. I'm using ROS but made my own wrapper because I want to have access to all the cflib functions.
I plan to do the following :
- get the current position estimate from CF
- filter it offboard with an onboard FPV
- send the corrected pose back to CF using send_extpos
Currently I set stabilizer.estimator to 2, reset the kalman filter and read the logs as suggested here. kalman.statePX, kalman.statePY & kalman.statePZ seem to be the variables i'm looking for. stateEstimate.x,y,z also reset to 0 but they don't seem to be updated by moving the drone and just diverge after a while.
- Is there a general guide for parameters/variables and what they represent? I found this on the wiki but the parameters' page doesn't exist.
- The high level commands (send_position_setpoint, send_hover_setpoint, high level commander) need an accurate pose estimate to work correctly. after sending them with send_extpos, is there anything I'd have to do to make the kalman estimate converge to those values ?
- I'd also appreciate any tips about what I want to do.