Autopilot

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
amir64
Beginner

Re: Autopilot

Post by amir64 »

Since I'll be flying crazyflie indoors I was thinking to place several cameras around the room to get pinpoint location and then use the data to fly from point A to point B. This way I can use the crazyflie the way it is and no hardware modification would be needed. We are also working on a project where a larger quadcopter would carry the crazyflie to a location and then it would fly the crazyflie to a location and back to base.

I am a lot more familiar with c++ than python. It's great that there's a C++ Client Library mentioned in the link below:
http://forum.bitcraze.se/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=317
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Sounds like a lot of fun and a great challenge. Will be interesting to follow!
n0n4m3
Beginner

Post by n0n4m3 »

I've just used it. It works like a charm. :)
I didn't use every single feature of it but I'm sure they'll work fine.
Took me a little while longer because I was setting it up for Windows as I prefer to develop on Windows than Linux.
hsanjuan
Beginner

Post by hsanjuan »

One very naive way of thinking of autopilot I played with while writing my Ruby client was to fly the Crazyflie recording every current input package sent to it.

Then flying the Crazyflie again from the same point but instead of controlling it directly, just replay the input that was recorded in the previous session.

Of course the results were not too good, but I'm thinking with some extra help from the compass and the new altitude control it may actually be improved to an acceptable level.

If anyone is interesting a can push some code I have lying around for the recording/replaying in Ruby.
harnen
Beginner

Post by harnen »

Hi guys,

just wanted to know if there are any autopilot modules to connect with the new Loco positioning system?

If not, do you recommend any existing solution?