Crazyradio pa USB connection issue and Crazyflie 2.0 firmware update

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
bsha8926
Beginner

Crazyradio pa USB connection issue and Crazyflie 2.0 firmware update

Post by bsha8926 »

I am a newbie to use drones for development. I followed all the instructions given on the Bitcraze website. First, I tried to use by connecting Crazyflie PA USB Dongle to Computer in Bitcraze VM. It always shows sate captured but when I try to connect, the following error:

Failed to attach the USB device Bitcraze Crazyradio PA USB Dongle [0053] to the virtual machine BitcrazeVM.

USB device 'Bitcraze Crazyradio PA USB Dongle' with UUID {6856186c-b132-4375-b020-43d5fe2a39e2} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

When I download cfclient software available for Windows, I updated the firmware. Now, when I tried to connect it again in BitcrazeVM, it is not shown. After the firmware update, only two blue LEDs M2 and M3 are ON. If I try to connect it with mobile for flying, it does not connect. If I press power button for a long time, only one blue LED start blinking.

What should I do to solve issues with BitcrazeVM and also why the Crazyflie 2.0 is not being controlled by firmware update.

I am using windows 10. To run cflient software, I run it in compatibility mode.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyradio pa USB connection issue and Crazyflie 2.0 firmware update

Post by arnaud »

It looks like the client is working fine on Windows, but the flashing might have failed for some reason. If you re-program your Crazyflie, it should boot again.

One note: make sure you are choosing the ZIP file when updating the Crazyflie, the full zip is used, you should not extract it first.