CrazyS crazyflie2_hovering_example.launch issue

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
percy.jaiswal
Beginner

CrazyS crazyflie2_hovering_example.launch issue

Post by percy.jaiswal »

Hello, I am trying to use CrazyS in order to control Crazyflie with all low level controls (like directly accessing motor speeds), but when I am trying to launch "roslaunch rotors_gazebo crazyflie2_hovering_example.launch enable_state_estimator:=true" as mentioned in CrazyS's github page, I am getting following error. A point to note, I get same error if I try to launch this file without additional argument of enable_state_estimator:=true"
Unknown substitution command [eval enable_state_estimator == false]. Valid commands are ['find', 'env', 'optenv', 'anon', 'arg']
The traceback for the exception was written to the log file
I have raised an issue on their github page, but I haven't got any help there so far, hence I am turning to Crazyflie community to help me out.

I have followed all instruction steps mentioned in CrazyS github page multiple times, and infact I am able to launch different examples from their rotors_gazebo/launch folder. Its just with this particular launch file (crazyflie2_hovering_example) that I am having issues. So I am suspecting that it has something to do with this particular launch file, instead of prob being in my installation.

Secondly, the command mentioned in error message (eval enable_state_estimator == false), I can see this command in crazyflie2_hovering_example launch file at line# 34, so that makes me suspect this particular file more instead of installation, and sourcing bash commands.

I am copying line# 34 from crazyflie2_hovering_example for your reference below. Appreciate any help you can provide. Regards

Code: Select all

<node if="$(eval enable_state_estimator == false)" name="position_controller_node_without_stateEstimator" pkg="rotors_control" type="position_controller_node_without_stateEstimator" output="screen">
      <rosparam command="load" file="$(find rotors_gazebo)/resource/controller_$(arg mav_name).yaml" />
      <rosparam command="load" file="$(find rotors_gazebo)/resource/$(arg mav_name).yaml" />
    </node>
percy.jaiswal
Beginner

Re: CrazyS crazyflie2_hovering_example.launch issue

Post by percy.jaiswal »

Just an update, author of CrazyS has marked this as an bug and resolved it.
vtrivedi7
Beginner

Post by vtrivedi7 »

Hello,

have you made a similar program for the mobile platform? I was trying to make the drone 'hover' when controlling it through mobile app, and did not find a good way to do so; is there an existing code you know that could do so? If not, where should I start? I tried to look up several forums online but they are either specific to PC client or are written for very high-level programmers whose language I don't understand. It would be great if you could tell me in simpler terms what I should do.

Any help appreciated.

Thank You
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

The android client has initial support for height-hold using Crazyradio and a Gamepad. Generally feature request for the mobile clients are most efficient to discuss on the respective git repos issue tracker.