Controlling Crazyflie when communication is lost

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
dab
Beginner

Controlling Crazyflie when communication is lost

Post by dab »

Hi,
I'm involved in a project that uses Crazyflie 2.0. We plan to send necessary commands to Crazyflie using our computer and retrieve required information back as well. The problem I have is that when communication is lost, say when Crazflie flies out of the range, the firmware is designed to cut power off to the rotors when the watchdog time is exceeded. However, I want to modify Crazyflie firmware in a way that it would hold it's current position without shutting down when the watchdog time is exceeded (Actually this is the beginning of the set of modifications I want to do). In the same time, it should be able to go back to its normal operating mode when communication link is reestablished.

I am new to Crazyflie firmware and would really appreciate any help that would guide me in right direction to solve this problem.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Controlling Crazyflie when communication is lost

Post by tobias »

Hi!

The time-outs can be found here in commander.h.

Are you planning to use e.g. the flow deck or e.g. some other "positioning" system? What you could do is change what happens after the timeouts by sending you wanted setpoint.
thasu

Post by thasu »

Let's say the CF needs to fly in figure 8s until the link is reestablished.
dab
Beginner

Post by dab »

@tobias. Thank you very much. I'm using the flow deck, and changing mentioned parts in commander.h worked. I will post if there's any trouble when doing other modifications that I'm planning to do (i.e. self navigation until communication is reestablished)