libcflie

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
TheFrog4u
Expert

Re: libcflie

Post by TheFrog4u »

Regarding reading of values from the pressure sensor, there has already been done some work from others here in the forum. For example have a look here
n0n4m3
Beginner

Post by n0n4m3 »

Thank you TheFrog4u.

I did a little debug but it appears that:
ms5611GetPressure(MS5611_OSR_256) is only different from 0 in very few circumstances (see attached image). These values are coming directly from the firmware stabilizer.c loop.
It might be related to the sensor operating at a different frequency then the loop where it's running but I'm not sure as I don't have much experience on this.
Maybe someone can provide some input.

EDIT: After I re-read the other thread I noticed that the sensor operates at another frequency. I incorporated the code from that thread in the customfirmware from Jan and now the values reported by DEBUG_PRINT in the firmware seem fine but the problem is that when I access the values in the client side they don't get updated. Not sure why this is happening.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I got it working :)
Attachments
Pressure values from crazyflie
Pressure values from crazyflie
marco.tognon

Post by marco.tognon »

hallo!

very good work!!! I'm trying to run the exe-gui but it says:
  • Sudo: exe-gui command not found
Why on the my pc doesnt it work intead on another pc it works??? I follow the same instruction!
fairlight1337
Beginner

Post by fairlight1337 »

marco.tognon wrote:hallo!

very good work!!! I'm trying to run the exe-gui but it says:
  • Sudo: exe-gui command not found
Why on the my pc doesnt it work intead on another pc it works??? I follow the same instruction!
According to the CMakeLists.txt (https://github.com/fairlight1337/libcfl ... eLists.txt), it compiles to

Code: Select all

ex-gui
rather than

Code: Select all

exe-gui
Is this a typo in your post or in the command you actually tried?

Cheers,
Jan
Slaxx

Post by Slaxx »

Thank you for the development of the library.
I could build everything and also run it, but the crazyflie is not doing a move.
I used the ex-simple file and just commented out the pitch/roll/yaw commands and set a fixed thrust to 20000. Is there any problem with the example?

I'm using the VM0.6 from Bitcraze. The python library worked fine for me.
fairlight1337
Beginner

Post by fairlight1337 »

Some other people had that issue as well (see https://github.com/fairlight1337/libcflie/issues/10). This might be related to a new motor unlock feature in the newer firmware that first requires a start signal for the motors to accept thrust commands.

As far as rshum19 on GitHub pointed out, removing this feature from the firmware "solves" the problem. Right now, there is no easy solution for this, I'm afraid.
Slaxx

Post by Slaxx »

Thank you for the fast answer.
I first thought this might be the problem since I hade the same issue with the python examples. But then I tried also sending a 0 value and it didn't work. I will try the solution rshum19 suggested.
Slaxx

Post by Slaxx »

OK I tried it but it didn't change. I realized though that if I run ex-gui I can't even see any movements there when moving my CF. I installed everything that was written in the readme file though.
fairlight1337
Beginner

Post by fairlight1337 »

Can you control the Crazyflie through the Python scripts? Depending on your case, the radio address for your device might be different.
Slaxx

Post by Slaxx »

Haha you got me there. Didn't think about that, because the Python scripts automatically detect the address and select it. Thank you very much.