Firmware with hello.c fail

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Duncan
Beginner

Firmware with hello.c fail

Post by Duncan »

Hi, I flashed the crazyflie after adding the hello.c as the "howto" deck driver tutorial. It worked fine at first and I can see the "hello" message in the console but after several minutes the crazyflie entered the situation with lighting two red LEDs and one blue LED solidly. This situation happened again even after I reflash the firmware or restart the machine.
It makes me hard to test my deck driver code with such unstable operating manner.
Any advice would help.
Thank you in advance.

Duncan
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Firmware with hello.c fail

Post by arnaud »

What version of the firmware are you starting from, the latest one from Github?

What you are observing looks like a hard-fault. Does it also happen if you remove your driver? If it is the case it is a bug in the firmware and it would be great if you could push an issue in Github about it!

You could try running from older state, like the latest stable tag, to see if the bug occurs there as well.

Ps. I moved the topic to crazyflie/developer discussions to give it more visibility.
wannacrypt_
Beginner

Post by wannacrypt_ »

I have the same issue. I implemented my own deck as shown here https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:crazyflie: ... deck:howto.
And it works just great without any deck on CF2.
But once I attach the loco positioning deck, two red LEDs and blue LED are on.
Duncan
Beginner

Post by Duncan »

If there is no diver, it worked fine. And later I tried the older firmware with the hello.c deck diver, it worked well without any problem. I didn't attach any actual deck on the crazyflie.