Understanding the code

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
droneEnthusiast123
Beginner

Understanding the code

Post by droneEnthusiast123 »

Hi,

I'm still learning programming so I am a bit overwhelmed by all the code :? Could someone help explain the following to me:
How does the python code from crazyflie-lib-python link to the c code in the firmware? More specifically, I'd like to know how data is sent/received from the computer to the crazyflie. When I look at the python code (e.g. the functions in https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... mmander.py) it seems that this is sending packets from the computer through the radio dongle to the drone, is this correct? But it also seems like the C code like syslink.c takes care of this sending/receiving packets?

Any insight would be great, thank you!
droneEnthusiast123
Beginner

Re: Understanding the code

Post by droneEnthusiast123 »

Hi,

I think I need to modify the UART to use the second set of TX/RX pins to communicate with another drone, is this correct? :? For the python, can I edit commander.py's functions (like send_stop_setpoint) to send a relay flag which would enable the drone to relay commands to the other (address+channel)? And then after that, where should I make changes in the nrf_firmware? :?: I was thinking in the uart.c file for the initialization, but I wasn't quite sure as it seems I would need to define another NRF_GPIO so as to keep the UART between the drone and the server open. Is this the right idea? :D