BitcrazeVM very slow.

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Jens_Lee

BitcrazeVM very slow.

Post by Jens_Lee »

Hi All

I just got the newest version of BitcrazeVM and running it in virtualbox on a windows machine. I had it running without problems on a mac before.
I gave the machine 4GB of ram, thinking that would help, but unfortunately it's still unusable slow.
Running on Windows 10, Virtualbox 5.2.8

I'm not very experienced in Virtualbox and Virtual machines in general, so if anybody have some tips to speed up the machine, they are most welcome.

Thanks.
Jens_Lee

Re: BitcrazeVM very slow.

Post by Jens_Lee »

To answer part of my own question, I did the followin and got significant better speed:
  • Changing the Audio Controller in the meachine settings to "Intel HD Audio"
  • Disabling the Compositor window effects in Xubuntu settings
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks for the tips, I have not seen these problems but I have been running mainly the VM from Linux.

We are most likely going to make a new VM based on XUbuntu 18.04 soon, I will make sure to test on Windows 10 as well. Would you be able to beta-test it when we start getting something ready?
Jens_Lee

Post by Jens_Lee »

arnaud wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:19 pm Thanks for the tips, I have not seen these problems but I have been running mainly the VM from Linux.

We are most likely going to make a new VM based on XUbuntu 18.04 soon, I will make sure to test on Windows 10 as well. Would you be able to beta-test it when we start getting something ready?
Yes, I can totally do that!
percy.jaiswal
Beginner

Post by percy.jaiswal »

Let me know if you need testing on windows 7 machine, would be glad to contribute whatever I could
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Thanks! I will update this thread when I have something testable.