CF2.0 Hardware upgrade

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
droneguy
Beginner

CF2.0 Hardware upgrade

Post by droneguy »

Hello all,
I am designing a new robot and was wondering if there was any progress on releasing the updated kicad project?

It would be awesome if the new design can be binary compatible with the CF2.

Thanks!
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: CF2.0 Hardware upgrade

Post by tobias »

Hi!

Eventually we plan to release the kicad files however because of historic events with the CF 1.0, where it only gets cloned and no "giving back" we don't see the point.

To make a binary compatible version the schematics is enough, which is an upside.
ruffier
Beginner

Post by ruffier »

Hi!
We are using the Crazyflie2.0 everyday for our research.
We would like to redesign the Crazyflie2.0 PCB in order to modify its shape.
Therefore, it would terrific to have access to the Kicad project files.
As a research lab, we can sign a NDA mentioning that would not publish them nor divulgate them nor make money with them.
Thanks
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

We are not planning to publish the Crazyflie 2 hardware project in the near future, though we have a couple of prototype in the pipe so if you drop us an email with more information about your project we could talk about it.
droneguy
Beginner

Post by droneguy »

Hi @arnaud,
The redesign I spoke about a few months ago turned out to be successful and we have 25 working robots!

Though these are binary compatible with the existing CF2, I am hoping to speak with you guys on how we can make it available to the community. I hope a lot of people will find the redesign useful.

Cheers!