Aerobatics

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
SuperDave42
Beginner

Aerobatics

Post by SuperDave42 »

I just preordered mine this week.

What I love doing with my other quadrocopters is to fly them aggressively and do aerobatics, more specifically I want to know if the FW allows this quad to flip a complete 360°

One of my platforms allows me to fly with the Accelerometer active for leveling it out, but when I push the sticks it allows a flip ( speed dependent on stick position ) and after the flip I release the sticks and it would autolevel.

this would be helpful for indoor flipping as well.

if the OEM FW will not allow this, I hope some other software savvy folks could pick up on this and make it happen :-) :-)

Very excited to receive this kit, Thank you guys for the hard work you all put in to this project.

Dave
DCC
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Aerobatics

Post by tobias »

This is on the wishlist and should be implemented pretty soon either by us or someone else joining the community, the power of open source. This mode you are talking about I think is referred to as assisted acrobatic mode. We could also implement a rate controlled mode that allows even more aggressive 3D flying. We would recommend to fly over something soft like grass when practising though ;-).
SuperDave42
Beginner

Post by SuperDave42 »

Very Cool,

Thank you Tobias
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.
T50Japan
Beginner

Post by T50Japan »

SuperDave42 wrote:I just preordered mine this week.

What I love doing with my other quadrocopters is to fly them aggressively and do aerobatics, more specifically I want to know if the FW allows this quad to flip a complete 360°

One of my platforms allows me to fly with the Accelerometer active for leveling it out, but when I push the sticks it allows a flip ( speed dependent on stick position ) and after the flip I release the sticks and it would autolevel.

this would be helpful for indoor flipping as well.

if the OEM FW will not allow this, I hope some other software savvy folks could pick up on this and make it happen :-) :-)

Very excited to receive this kit, Thank you guys for the hard work you all put in to this project.

Dave
DCC
Hi, Which quadcopter have you been working with?
Fastest Crazyflie ,'><,'
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

For 3D flying the 6-DOF version will be enough, however there is yet no firmware support.