Crazyflie cannot connected through ROS after update

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
szx0112
Beginner

Crazyflie cannot connected through ROS after update

Post by szx0112 »

Today I updated the new LPS firmware and also decided to flash the crazyflie firmware since the version of June.2017 (I got pretty good autonomous flight result in that version).

After the update, the crazyflie can connect through cfclient but cannot connect through ROS anymore. It always thrown LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT which means it didn't find the CF. I found the crazyradio has no response (no blinking) when I connect with ROS. I reflashed both firmware of crazyflie and crazyradio and still not work yet.

My current thinking is maybe there are version mismatch because of the new LPS firmware? Any comment is appreciate.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Crazyflie cannot connected through ROS after update

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
this sounds more like a Crazyradio problem, did you update the Crazyradio as well when the first problem occurred?
szx0112
Beginner

Post by szx0112 »

Thanks for the reply. I first update LPS, then found cannot connect to cfclient, so I update the clients too (still not work), then I updated crazyflie and crazyradio firmware to finally make it connects to the client. But still not able to connect by ROS.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

I have gotten this timeout error in ROS when using the wrong URI to connect Crazyflie. Are you sure you are using the right URI in your launchfile?