Advance in the use of Ubox GNSS receiver

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Mitteau
Expert

Advance in the use of Ubox GNSS receiver

Post by Mitteau »

Hi!
I finished (there still exists posibilities for some bugs) the pilot for gps receiver, and corresponding tab to show the parameters. The receiver is a MAX 8 board from Ublox.
You can find the codes on my depository github.com/Mitteau/... The firmware version is the "etape1" branch of my fork of crazyflie-firmware. For the crazyflie-python-client, it is the "etape5".
The tab shows the satellite's time, the number of satellites "in view", and the current hdop of the configuration. Presently the two considered systems are the american GPS and the russian Glonass.
If you check the box "messages from GNSS receiver", you will see the messages emitted by the receiver every second. To interpret the messages, you have to use the technical document of Ublox: "u-blox8-M8_ReceiverDescrProtSpec_(UBX-13003221)_Public.pdf"
When a fix is obtained, the quality is indicated (1 for autonomous fix), longitude, latitude and height (above the mean sea level), and the time is now the time from the fix.
Checking the box "initialize position", the distance from the initial point is indicated.
Regards
Jean-Claude
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Advance in the use of Ubox GNSS receiver

Post by tobias »

Nice to see you are making progress!