More compact Linux client's presentation for copter

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Mitteau
Expert

More compact Linux client's presentation for copter

Post by Mitteau »

Hi,
I made some modification to the presentation of the Linux python client for the crazyflie. I aimed to have more convenient for me the main UI and Flight Tab. You can test it getting the branch "nexon" in my repository https://github.com/Mitteau/... where you can find clones of bitcraze software.
There is also a branch calle "french" for a translation un french.
If you test these works please let me know your comments.
Best regards
Jean-Claude
§§§
Main modifications are:
-Presentation more compact of the flight control’s tab,
-Suppression of non significant decimals,
-Screen position preserved,
-Client off by combination ctrl+q,
-Connect/disconnect button on the joystick,
-Use of the Xbox360 wireless joystick,
-Insertion of a flip-up device for the power-assisted flight,
-Modification of the detection process of cf2 and connection taking into account memorising the connection’s address,
-Profile sub-routine for the thrust command in the file linuxjsdev.py in the cfclient/utils/input/inputreaders directory,
-Finalisation of the flight modes althold, heighthold and hover ; setting up of a landing flip-up device with landing assistance desactivation.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: More compact Linux client's presentation for copter

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
Thanks for sharing!

I get a crash when launching both the nexon and francais branch, it stops when reading the config file:

Code: Select all

KeyError: 'Could not get the parameter [analog]'
If this is a new config key, I think it should be added to "crazyflie-clients-python/src/cfclient/configs/config.json" so that the client has a default value for it.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Yes, it should be! I added a parameter "analog" in the config.json file, set to "true" if you are sure that the joypad is correctly configured. I lost a copter due to a PS3 joystick whose thrust command was only 0 or full stroke! Best is to put in main config.json, in src/cfclient/configs (and copy in the home/.../.config/cfclient)... I apologize. I put it only in the .config/cfclient json file which is not in the git system.
Jean-Claude
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
I fear that there is a bug somewhere, because I had a "segmentation fault" in the client. I am looking for, but it's not easy...
Regards
Jean-Claude