Compiling in Bitcraze VM

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Evan
Beginner

Compiling in Bitcraze VM

Post by Evan »

I've found myself in a bit of a pickle.

I am pretty new to this stuff, so I'm pretty sure that whatever's wrong is something that has been caused by user error.

I have been trying to get the Virtual Machine to work (version 2017.03), and I finally did that successfully. The next issue I encountered was that any project that I opened in eclipse (which thus far have only been crazyflie builds) all have many errors. Many include files are missing or unsolvable, and many functions are causing errors due to the missing information.
I have tried to run everything I can that I could find that would fix the issue. I ran the terminal code:

cd /home/bitcraze/Desktop/projects/crazyflie-firmware
make
make CLOAD=1 DEBUG=0
make CLOAD=0 DEBUG=1

These did not fix the issues, and then I tried to build the project in eclipse, and to clean it, and nothing worked. Is there a setup step that maybe I missed? I'm really lost. :cry:
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Compiling in Bitcraze VM

Post by arnaud »

Hi and welcome!

The errors in eclipse are just static code analysis misconfiguration, they do not affect the build. There has been a discussion about it on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2642.

There is a getting started with development guide that could help you get going and compiling your firmware: https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... velopment/.
Evan
Beginner

Re: Compiling in Bitcraze VM

Post by Evan »

Thank you very much! I looked at those posts on the other forum, and they were very helpful. Thank you very much. Have an excellent day! :D