Where to put the file config.mk

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
giandoman

Where to put the file config.mk

Post by giandoman »

Hello,
again another newbie question. I'm sorry about that :D
I'm enabling the zrange so i downloaded the config.mk file but i'm not sure that by putting it in the same folder of the makefile file works.
I checked also this topic
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2563&p=12975&hilit=config.mk#p12975
I discovered a config.mk.example file, should i put my config.mk file in that directory? ~/Bitcraze/crazyflie-firmware/tools/make$
Thanks again
Gianni
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: Where to put the file config.mk

Post by arnaud »

You need to put the config.mk file in the same folder, in tools/make. For all modification you need to "make clean" to make sure you a building all the files with the new config.

If you have an of-the-shelf Z-Ranger deck you do not need to modify anything though. Just make sure you have the latest firmware and the Z-Ranger deck will be automatically detected and initialized.
giandoman

Post by giandoman »

arnaud wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:56 am You need to put the config.mk file in the same folder, in tools/make. For all modification you need to "make clean" to make sure you a building all the files with the new config.

If you have an of-the-shelf Z-Ranger deck you do not need to modify anything though. Just make sure you have the latest firmware and the Z-Ranger deck will be automatically detected and initialized.
Great thanks. So what if I have a loco position deck and the nodes? Is the z position given by the kalman filter that estimates the position or by the z ranger?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

If you add both an LPS deck and a Z-Ranger, with the latest firmware, you will get both used by the Kalman filter to estimate position. The Z-Ranger deck is used mainly when the Crazyflie is bellow 1m height.