CF2 Packet Loss

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
edwsiew
Beginner

CF2 Packet Loss

Post by edwsiew »

Hi CFExperts,

I have been playing with one CF2 indoor, pretty happy with it. Then I bought 5 more. These 5 CFs behaved differently as I was getting packet loss. I could only hover with PS4 controller for a few seconds, then the connection dropped. Then, I switched to the first CF2. It worked. It was configured with radio://0/80/250K. However, it wasn't the case for the new 5 CFs in the same room. Then, I configured these 5 CF2 with radio://0/80/2M and tested them one by one. But I was still getting packet loss once in a while. However, I am able to fly the first CF2 (radio://0/80/250K) all the time in the same room.

Any idea why is this happening?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: CF2 Packet Loss

Post by arnaud »

Hi,
If more than one CF2 is switched on you should change there channel (and ideally the address as well) so that you do not get packet collision. We have seen better performance indoor with 2M datarate. You can find how to change the radio settings in the wiki: https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:crazyflie: ... figuration.

As for the difference between CF2, there might be some manufacturing variation affecting the radio. Are you running the same version of the firmware on all CFs?
edwsiew
Beginner

Post by edwsiew »

I was aware of the 2M datarate recommendation to fly indoor. I was testing the 5 CF2 one by one. They all had the deck flow and were installed with the latest firmware (crazyflie-2017.06.zip). I also suspect the manufacturing variations as these 5 were a bit different compared to the other one.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Did you try with 2M? It would be interesting to know if you can see much difference at 2M between the CF2s.
edwsiew
Beginner

Post by edwsiew »

Hi,

I returned these problematic CFs and got the replacements. 2M worked fine. Thanks!