High frequency streaming

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
david
Beginner

Re: High frequency streaming

Post by david »

I believe the noise seen above is due to electromagnetic interference. After I shielded the microphone board the noise was reduced quite significantly.

The crtpSendPacketISR has been working quite well but I'm now using xQueueSendToBackFromISR function.

I think the bottleneck is now on the communications side and I'll be focusing on that now.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Great to hear about you progress. Let me know if there is anything we can help you out with.
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Any progress you would like to share? I'm keen on knowing how things are going :D
david
Beginner

Post by david »

Hi!

I have been working with Whoenig crazyflie_ros (previously I was working with cflib). Next week we should be able to do some simple position control using sound, after that I'm not sure where we are heading.

We are sampling sound at 7KHz due to the restrictions in the Crazyradio PA, above this value the packet loss increases too much (7KHz is around 370 packets per sec). Do you have any plans to improve its driver?
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Great to get some feedback and that things are moving forward!

There are plans to improve the low-level driver to increase packet rate and thus the amount of CF2 that can be controlled from one radio. When that will happen I don't know though. :oops: