[Resolved] Crazyflie 2.0: Big Quad deck: 'DECK_INFO: Warning! No driver found for deck.

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
H0stname

Re: Crazyflie 2.0: Big Quad deck: 'DECK_INFO: Warning! No driver found for deck.

Post by H0stname »

So I think I found a bug. Moving the config.mk into the right folder and not the root folder with the Makefile definitely helped, I got my motors spinning a few times.

But it seems that the motors don't like to spin if I start up the crazyflie without the brushed motors attached. It is quite strange, but I restarted the crazyflie 5 times in each configuration, and 5/5 times, with the brushed motors attached, it worked properly. 5/5 times without them attached, I got the same symptom (my ESCs saying invaid PWM output) but of course the console says the BQ deck is detected properly. I guess I am just saying this to be on the lookout for it.

My oscilloscope is coming tomorrow, so I will have a look at what is going on when my motors aren't turning, and do my best to help debug!

I will mark this thread resolved, and open a new one for any issues encountered.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [Resolved] Crazyflie 2.0: Big Quad deck: 'DECK_INFO: Warning! No driver found for deck.

Post by arnaud »

Hi, great that this problem is solved!

For config.mk it used to be in the root directory, we changed that quite a long time ago. If you stumble upon a doc that says it should be in the root directory please tell us so that we can update it.
H0stname

Re: [Resolved] Crazyflie 2.0: Big Quad deck: 'DECK_INFO: Warning! No driver found for deck.

Post by H0stname »

Will do. I swear I did, or maybe it is because whenever I use makefiles, extra contents go in the root directory.

Thanks for help everyone!

Edit: this thread should be moved to the crazyflie dev discussions or something.. Didn't realize I made it in crazyradio. Must have been a late night :D
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

You are right, I moved the thread, thanks for noticing.