Error in finding a Crazyflie through ROS

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
thanhvu94

Error in finding a Crazyflie through ROS

Post by thanhvu94 »

Hello,

I have installed the ROS Crazyflie package into Raspberry Pi 3 (Ubuntu Mate 16.04). When I tried to execute the command:

Code: Select all

rosrun crazyflie_tools scan

There is an error:

Could not find Crazradio with given devId

I have successfully connected to CrazyflieVM on VirtualBox (on another Windows desktop), and it can recognize my CrazyRadio (I passed the usb dongle from Windows to CrazyflieVM so that it can be recognized). Besides, according to https://github.com/bitcraze/crazyflie-l ... ermissions, I have followed the steps to enable udev permissions. However, the same problem still persists.

Can everyone check the situation I described above to see if I'm missing something?

Thank you.

P/S: I create a file to write udev permission by using the command:

sudo nano 
Besides, I don't know if I do the restart of udev in the correct way or not. If you have any clue about this, please give me the reference.

P/S2: On the directory /etc/udev/rules.d , besides my 2 newly created rules 99-crazyflie.rules and 99-crazyradio.rules , there are 3 other rules (10-local-rpi.rules, 40-scratch.rules, 99-com.rules). Are these 3 rules the default rules when we install Ubuntu on Raspberry Pi?
whoenig
Expert

Re: Error in finding a Crazyflie through ROS

Post by whoenig »

You should restart you RPi after you added the file. Also verify that the dongle shows up using

lsusb