[SOLVED] Cannot find Crazyradio Dongle

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
IMT-DEV-Drone
Beginner

[SOLVED] Cannot find Crazyradio Dongle

Post by IMT-DEV-Drone »

Hi,
I'm having trouble uploading code on my crazylie2.0. I have installed the driver for the crazyRadio on Windows 10, installed the virtual machines and Vbox extension pack for the bitCraze VM. But when I try to do the tutorial : https://www.bitcraze.io/getting-started ... velopment/, I get an error saying my crazyRadio is not found in the devices (when flashing with radio).

Code: Select all

15:26:01 **** Build of configuration Default for project crazyflie-firmware ****
make cload 
python3 -m cfloader  flash  cf2.bin stm32-fw
Restart the Crazyflie you want to bootload in the next
 10 seconds ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/drivers/crazyradio.py", line 119, in __init__
    device = _find_devices()[devid]
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-clients-python/src/cfloader/__init__.py", line 150, in main
    if bl.start_bootloader(warm_boot=False):
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/bootloader/__init__.py", line 93, in start_bootloader
    uri = self._cload.scan_for_bootloader()
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/bootloader/cloader.py", line 83, in scan_for_bootloader
    link = cflib.crtp.get_link_driver('radio://0')
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/crtp/__init__.py", line 91, in get_link_driver
    instance.connect(uri, link_quality_callback, link_error_callback)
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/crtp/radiodriver.py", line 188, in connect
    address)
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/crtp/radiodriver.py", line 98, in __init__
    _RadioManager._radios[self._devid] = _SharedRadio(self._devid)
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/crtp/radiodriver.py", line 67, in __init__
    self.radio = Crazyradio(devid=devid)
  File "/home/bitcraze/projects/crazyflie-lib-python/cflib/drivers/crazyradio.py", line 121, in __init__
    raise Exception('Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle')
Exception: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle
Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle
I tried to change the settings in virtualBox but it says : no USB device is connected.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by IMT-DEV-Drone on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IMT-DEV-Drone
Beginner

Re: Cannot find a Crazyradio Dongle

Post by IMT-DEV-Drone »

I have reinstalled everything from virtualBox, to the extension pack, reset the virtual machine and re-installed the CrazyRadio driver and it seems to work now. I don't know what happened there... Sorry for the inconvenience. :?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot find Crazyradio Dongle

Post by arnaud »

No problems, glad that you got it working!