Packages for manual installation on Linux

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
erget
Beginner

Re: Packages for manual installation on Linux

Post by erget »

I don't know, the only way to find out is to install it and see if it's buggy or not. I could imagine that the GUI might not run because it's based on QT, which isn't Python. PyQT uses compiled C++ for a lot of stuff, if I remember correctly, and that would mean that it would have to be compiled for Android in order to run on it. No reason not to try though.

But seriously, don't be afraid to try Linux. My mom uses Linux too, and has liked using it for the past several years, even though she literally doesn't know the difference between a file and a folder. So you don't need any kind of special computer knowledge to ise Linux - it's just another operating system, like Windows and MacOS. You'll get it! :)
SuperDave42
Beginner

Post by SuperDave42 »

erget wrote:I don't know, the only way to find out is to install it and see if it's buggy or not. I could imagine that the GUI might not run because it's based on QT, which isn't Python. PyQT uses compiled C++ for a lot of stuff, if I remember correctly, and that would mean that it would have to be compiled for Android in order to run on it. No reason not to try though.

But seriously, don't be afraid to try Linux. My mom uses Linux too, and has liked using it for the past several years, even though she literally doesn't know the difference between a file and a folder. So you don't need any kind of special computer knowledge to ise Linux - it's just another operating system, like Windows and MacOS. You'll get it! :)

Right on, I appreciate the encouragment !. This little Drone has gotten me to start learning about a lot of things lately. Having a fantastic time so far.

Dave
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.
SuperDave42
Beginner

Post by SuperDave42 »

Might have found a solution for the GUI on Android, https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... HJvaWRjIl0. C4Droid ( C/C++ compiler)
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.
erget
Beginner

Post by erget »

Wow, that is very brave. I don't want to discourage you in the slightest, but compiling C++ extensions and then linking them with Python libraries is advanced on any system, and on Android it's probably even harder. Either way, I'm pretty sure it's at least three times as hard as just installing "normal" Linux on your tablet - although I'll admit that I've never done that before. Good luck! If it works, it's very cool. If you get frustrated, remember that you're taking a rocky way, so doing it the other way around will probably be easy for you. Either way I'm sure you'll learn a lot! Let us know how it goes.