Packages for manual installation on Linux

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
alex
Expert

Packages for manual installation on Linux

Post by alex »

Hey guys,

just made a clean install of Xubuntu (without an VM) and wondered how to install the Crazyflie code base and the development environment?
Might be some nice addition to the wiki for Linux beginners who want to set up a Linux system from scratch.

Thanks a lot.

-alex
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Packages for manual installation on Linux

Post by tobias »

That would be nice indeed. I hope someone has time to do it.
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

We already have something for running and developping on the client: http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyf ... all#ubuntu

I guess still we need more precise information about setting up development environment for the coter and the radio dongle. For info, he only things required to compile a copter firmware is to have make installed and arm-none-eabi-gcc in the path (the download link for gcc is there http://wiki.bitcraze.se/projects:crazyflie:devenv:index).
erget
Beginner

Post by erget »

I've been documenting my own development process myself and would be willing to write the article. Would it be possible to get write permission on the Wiki, or would somebody with write permission be willing to pluck it from another wiki and publish it?
foosel
Expert

Post by foosel »

erget wrote:I've been documenting my own development process myself and would be willing to write the article. Would it be possible to get write permission on the Wiki, or would somebody with write permission be willing to pluck it from another wiki and publish it?
I'd be willing, but all you have to do to get write permission on the wiki is to drop the guys from bitcraze an email stating your desired username and they'll give you access :)
Also: AR.Drone 2.0 (RC-enabled thanks to self-soldered MiruMod) and Hubsan X4 H107
erget
Beginner

Post by erget »

Sounds like not a tough deal, I'll get on it :)
erget
Beginner

Post by erget »

Alright, I think the documentation on the Wiki is pretty good now - I didn't touch the firmware documentation, because I think it's pretty good as it is.

I think that the stuff on the Wiki would actually be better organized if it were in the README. This would also (hopefully) lead to more up-to-date documentation. I've made a pull request to that effect which also includes a setup script that takes care of all the setup needed to get the Crazyflie flying with the PC client in one step, for those that don't like doing it by hand.
SuperDave42
Beginner

Post by SuperDave42 »

Tonight I'll be installing Linux on my Nexus-10, goal is to use it as a base station for the client ( instead of my laptop) I can drive the crazy radio thru the USB connector and use the PS3 remote over BT ( hopefully) I wish I could just run the VM on the darn thing lol would be a lot simpler ( I'm a mech. designer, not too code savvy)

I'll post back if it works, and write a small how-to

Dave
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.
erget
Beginner

Post by erget »

Good luck! If you're just running everything like it was on your laptop, you should be able to get by without even having to dig around in the code. Linux has become very user friendly :)
SuperDave42
Beginner

Post by SuperDave42 »

erget wrote:Good luck! If you're just running everything like it was on your laptop, you should be able to get by without even having to dig around in the code. Linux has become very user friendly :)
Thanks :-) I'm feeling ultra geeky at the moment, have just enough knowledge to get in trouble lol

I was also pondering if I could use this APP to run the resources needed to get the client up on the phone without Linux https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... FsLnFweSJd
Superluminal carbon fiber flying robots.