Hover mode | accelerometer?

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
islamoc
Beginner

Re: Hover mode | accelerometer?

Post by islamoc »

I tried to change them and even I changed one of the motors that I saw it was stopping before the others still the same problem
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Have you checked the sensor output (pitch, roll) in the cfclient when the CF2 is on a level surface. I suggest starting a new topic with your problem to not contaminate this one.
jassi0709
Beginner

Post by jassi0709 »

Hi guys,
So here you have the complete Crazyflie PID description. Hope it's correct. Let me know if something is wrong (the sum block might be wrong).
Crazyflie PID description (1) (3) (1).png
Finally, thanks for the suggestions! They allowed me to figure out how it uses the accelerometer's data and the barometer's one. I've managed to modify it and tune the parameters. I will post my results and additional infomation on hover mode as soon as I can.

To conclude, I can say that this topic is solved.

Thanks again.
Best regards,
Jassy
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi Jassy,

I am eigerly waiting for your results. Would be nice to improve altitude-hold in the firmware!

As for the schematic the biggest problem I see is that there is still no PID for the thrust: when you enable altitude hold, there is a PID that control the thrust using the rising-rate from the gamepad versus the estimated altitude.

/Arnaud
jassi0709
Beginner

Post by jassi0709 »

Hi Arnaud,
I was trying to see which PID controller you are talking about but I cannot find it in the code. Can you tell me where is it?
As are you sure that it is not just the VZ PID controller?

Jassy