[SOLVED] Poweroff crazyflie

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Mitteau
Expert

Re: Poweroff crazyflie

Post by Mitteau »

Hi Philip
I do as you do. That's why I asked for a soft command to switch on/off crazyflie... Not yet implemented.
Regards
Jean-Claude
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
I implemented the stopping parameter in parameter TOC of STM firmware. It works perfect.
If I understand NRF firmware, the only packets sent to STM are of type 0x0.. So it is not possible to send an OFF signal directly form client, because it will not be sent to thr STM. Am I right?
Thank you for help
Yours.
Jean-Claude
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

There is actually already a "bootloader" command to turn of the ST32 or the whole system. However I don't think there is any API in the cflib for it yet though. So what you need to send is (0xff,0xfe, command) were command is one of those defined here. You also need the latest nrf FW were this was implemented.
If I understand NRF firmware, the only packets sent to STM are of type 0x0.. So it is not possible to send an OFF signal directly form client, because it will not be sent to thr STM. Am I right?
Thank you for help
If it is a parameter you can set the parameter as normal from the cflib API. There problem would be to wake it up...
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Great, I will work on this and on wake up also. I understood also that using your script in the project "binaries", I download both STM and NRF firmwares, thus avoiding JT cable with Eclipse.
Jean-Claude
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Hi
The best solution to turn down quadcopter is to reinstall the time out. In the firmware a parametrized value of 5 minutes is defined, but 2 minutes are sufficient. I can send a small patch to do that.
Jean-Claude