dwm1000 add more tag?

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
arnaud
Bitcraze

Re: dwm1000 add more tag?

Post by arnaud »

I do not understand your question about TX timestamps. What message are you referring to? (the two way ranging is having 4 messages called Poll, Answer, Final and Report).
justinleeyang
Expert

Post by justinleeyang »

hi, arnaud:

I want to achieve the TDOA, Anchor 1 firstly send, we need record the timestamp, if calculate the clock skew and clock offest, we need send the timestamp to another anchors or tag(roboat), reference your TWR code, when send completed, call txcallback to get send timestamp, so the timestamp don't send to other?
now I achieve it, when the second period, send the previous send's timestamp to another anchors or tag for calculate the clock diff. right?
1.png
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Hi Justin,

In my TWR code I send all the timing with the 4th packet, you are right. In the case of this algorithm there is two solutions:
1 - Send all the times the next period as you have noted.
2 - Use the packet scheduling capabilities of the DWM1000 to send the packet at a know time, then this time can be contained in the packet. The driver currently has a function that delays the packet send time and return the exact time at which the packet will be send (dwSetDelay). I am pushing now a new function that sets the exact sending time (dwSetTxRxTime).
justinleeyang
Expert

Post by justinleeyang »

Hi, arnaud:

From decawave technical support engineer, I have got the feature, so cool.
and from your website, I know that you will support more crazyflies(49),
so TDOA have completed?
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

The 49 Crazyflies at USC are still flying with a Vicon system (you can see the cameras all around). Not yet with the LPS unfortunately.