PC-free for Crazyflie 2.0

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
staniles
Beginner

Re: PC-free for Crazyflie 2.0

Post by staniles »

Well... It suddenly worked, don't know what I've done :).
I Just increased the minimum thrust (>5600) so that the motors stop running when you are at minimum thrust with your stick down. Having completely deactivated the thrustlock seem to work anyway. It is really pleasant to fly the CF without being tied to a computer, I love it!
Now i'm going to set up a camera (then fpv) system on it (i've seen it is possible, so let's do this).

Thanks anyway!
theseankelly
Expert

Post by theseankelly »

Hey all -- I wanted to revisit a variant of a question that was asked earlier in this thread -- what kind of work would be involved with reverse engineering the protocol used by an existing RC controller that has the NRF24L01 as its tx? Is there any standard/protocol at all, if even only for negotiating connections (ANT?), or is it 100% proprietary and custom?
http://www.thejumperwire.com
Tips, tutorials, and science about DIY electronics, drones, and embedded software.
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

KaR]V[aN wrote:Hey chad,

Indeed, mine is PA+LNA so is supposed to work about 1km range at 256kb/s with CF2 but I haven't tested (also CF are both so small that I wouldn't see them).

So far I haven't got any problems with distance or signal problems, works like a charm.

I digged ebay when looking for mine. Just like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4G-NRF24L01-P ... 4d36212f03

I've now bought all the things to make mi CF2 a FPV, will keep you posted :)

Regards
Hi again KaR]V[aN,

Where did you find a pin-out diagram for that NRF module you used?

Edit: NVM, I see your picture and I think I can just use that as a guide! Thanks.
Crazyflier - my CF journal...
4x Crazyflie Nano (1.0) 10-DOF + NeoPixel Ring mod.
3x Crazyflie 2.0 + Qi Charger and LED Decks.
Raspberry Pi Ground Control.
Mac OS X Dev Environment.
Walkera Devo7e, ESky ET6I, PS3 and iOS Controllers.
KaR]V[aN
Beginner

Post by KaR]V[aN »

Hello,

Sorry to revive this old post. Thing is I've been forced to update my deviation software to last nightly build, which still lacks the patches sent to deviationtx.

I was wondering if you guys could provide a patch or a guide line to manually patch the required changes to be able to fly CF2 with deviationtx.

Thank you a lot!
My electronics blog: http://karman.cc
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

KaR]V[aN wrote:Hello,

Sorry to revive this old post. Thing is I've been forced to update my deviation software to last nightly build, which still lacks the patches sent to deviationtx.

I was wondering if you guys could provide a patch or a guide line to manually patch the required changes to be able to fly CF2 with deviationtx.

Thank you a lot!
I've been building the deviationTX source myself and patching using Tobias' fix. I have a pretty verbose script for running the build but I'm not sure you want all that. There are a few things that would need changing to run on someone else's system - but they are manageable. The patching part is pretty easy and, if you'd like to do that, I can post some instructions and the patch file I'm using.

Maybe the easiest way would be to simply attach my latest build here - which is what I've done.

I ran this build off "master" just before posting so it's the very latest deviationTX! Please let me know if you want the patch file or my build script too. I plan on making my builds available on my Crazyflie blog site eventually, but there's no guarantee when I'll get a round to doing that! :oops:
Attachments
deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1-cf2-aa82a64.zip
Deviation TX firmware patched with Tobias' CF2 fixes.
(406.02 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
tobias
Bitcraze

Post by tobias »

Nice Chad!

And I should probably do a pull request so it gets into the master DeviationTX branch... :oops:
KaR]V[aN
Beginner

Post by KaR]V[aN »

Thank you very much chad! In fact I was too also thinking on having patchs at hand just in case a future need of updating deviation but the last nightly patched will work too.

I'll give a try to your compiled image. Thanks again!

Just wondering, do you know the build date of your version?
chad
Expert

Post by chad »

KaR]V[aN wrote:Just wondering, do you know the build date of your version?
Hi KaR]V[aN,
The build I posted was run on 2016/04/28 using this commit. It is still the latest source on master as of this writing.
tobias wrote:Nice Chad!

And I should probably do a pull request so it gets into the master DeviationTX branch... :oops:
Thanks Tobias. Just an FYI if you do submit your pull request, deviationTX source has moved to GitHub.
KaR]V[aN
Beginner

Post by KaR]V[aN »

Just reporting back. Your firmware worked perfectly. Again, Thank you very much!