[SOLVED]Limitations to z-ranger and flow-control

Firmware/software/electronics/mechanics
Mitteau
Expert

[SOLVED]Limitations to z-ranger and flow-control

Post by Mitteau »

Hi,
I am using 2 decks, z-ranger and flow-control.
Investigating their behaviour, I can see that measurement have to be limited. After this limit, the measure jump to something like 8 meters although we are at less than 1.5.
Limit for my z-ranger is approximatively .75 meter and flow-control app. 1.2 meter.
I installed limits for height in control software (.../utils.input/__init__.py) and no problem to fly. But this is rather low admissible height. If no limit is given to target height, crashes actually occur....
Regards
Jean-Claude
Last edited by Mitteau on Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Limitations to z-ranger and flow-control

Post by tobias »

Yes as the vl53l0x sensor working distance changes a lot with environment limits are good. What would be cool to test if we could use the barometer together with the z-ranger to get a smooth transition.
Mitteau
Expert

Post by Mitteau »

Yes that's one of my targets. The question is: height control with z-ranger cannot overcome 1 meter and oscillations with barometer are around 1 m... Nevertheless I will have a look at this idea of mixing both sensors.
And what about Bosch sensors?
Jean-Claude
arnaud
Bitcraze

Post by arnaud »

Bosch pressure sensors should be much better. We are not distributing the bosch board yet but we are thinking about maybe doing it in the future.

Sensor fusion would indeed be the best.