Pitch mapping

Post here to get support
ross123540
Beginner

Pitch mapping

Post by ross123540 »

I CANNOT get the pitch to map correctly AT ALL, everything ells I can get to map just fine, but pitch, nope, nothing.
marcus
Bitcraze

Re: Pitch mapping

Post by marcus »

What controller are you using? In order to detect the axis correctly you have to press it to the maximum positive value for that axis.
ross123540
Beginner

Post by ross123540 »

Well, I do push it to the max, I'm using the PS3 controller and I check the software and i can see that the input is moving to the maximum displacement, I even re-calibrated the controller in software.
marcus
Bitcraze

Post by marcus »

Are you on Windows 7 using MotionJoy? What software do you use to check that it's moving to the max?
cracklecrackle
Beginner

Post by cracklecrackle »

ross123540 wrote:Well, I do push it to the max, I'm using the PS3 controller and I check the software and i can see that the input is moving to the maximum displacement, I even re-calibrated the controller in software.
I think i had a similar problem, which stick do you want to control the pitch? I had problems so set up the right stick with forward/backward with a original PS3 controller on Windows 8 64bit via MotioninJoy. Maybe my solution works for you as well.

Just in short how i get it work for me, i'm at work right now: i created a own profile in MotioninJoy, setting all buttons as Gamepad Buttons (the arrow buttons as well because as coolie-buttons i don't get them recognized by the CF PC client) and the left stick as standard. The right stick forward/backward i changed from y-axis to z-axis if i remember right, i will check it this evening and correct it if it's necessary. Can also make screenshots the if you want.

I also had a issue to with saving a own control mapping in the CF PC client, if i saved one i couldn't load it and accordingly the default mappings were lost in the list. Figured out that the file where the mappings are saved from the own mapping is different as the default mapping file (for example upper/lower keys, order of values etc.), edited the default mapping from the PS3 1 mapping manually by setting the ID numbers of the mapped keys for each function to the ID numbers in my own mapping, saved the default and deleted my own mapping file. After restarting the CF PC client it worked.
Crazyflie Nano 10-DOF
lisaa
Beginner

Post by lisaa »

Thanks cracklecrackle :D :D :D
lisaa