Problem with alt hold mode

Post here to get support
bispro
Beginner

Problem with alt hold mode

Post by bispro »

hi cf.
I'm newbie cf and I wand to do autonomous drone piloting.

The problem is that,
1. I added camera on it, but alt hold mode does not works.. First I thought payload of camera is a bit too heavy, but it was powerful enough when I am not using alt hold mode. I suppose alt hold mode does not work for additional weight. What should I do to make it react more agile? Just modify parameter value every time payload changes?
2. Regarding to 1st problem, I wanted to increase the thrust power but I cannot find source code for alt hold mode. Can you guys point me out where the regarding file is, for both firmware and PC client?
3. Is there any problem if I place the battery to the bottom of the cf board? I dont know whether my control is bad or re-arranging position of battery was a bad idea..

and other topic..
4. I want ps3 button to capture image. It is already implemented with PC Client Button that I made, but how can I map additional key to this controller? any idea?

Anwy, what you guys have done to this drone is really crazy. I really like it and enjoying it.
add comment if anyone know some answer or idea. thanks.
tobias
Bitcraze

Re: Problem with alt hold mode

Post by tobias »

Hi,

1 and 2. The alt hold is optimized for a certain weight so it probably needs tuning. As a first step you can play with the parameters in the parameters tab in the cfclient. To permanently change them they are in stabilizer.c. You can start by increasing the altHoldBaseThrust constant to account for the added weight.

3. No there is no problem putting the battery under but it will change the dynamics and stability a bit.

4. You can add a parameter for this and check it in e.g. commander.c which could trigger the capture. You probably need to flip a signal or something to trigger the camera but I need some more information to help you there. For the parameter this is actually done for the alt hold. You can have a look in commander.c to see how alt hold is done in the firmware. This post discusses it a bit.

There are also this and this tutorial videos that will help regarding the parameters.

Good luck!